Monday, June 1, 2009

From Ganeen, Another Share Cropper with Shere

Larry and I went out and tested our “natural home remedies” to see what appears to work and we will go out and check our test areas in the morning.

1) I sprayed with weed killer (full strength Listerine) – on a few weeds on the west outside the garden area to see if it really kills them.
(Listerine is also supposed to be good to keep mosquitoes away from the human gardeners and I know that works, because I use it when I walk around the neighborhood and when I have cookouts)

2) I sprayed some of the spinach and some beans with a mixture of Ivory dish soap and water – I tied white strings where I sprayed but did not spray the whole row, just about 6 feet in.

3) I sprayed some of the beans, tomatoes & okra with the Garlic/Fish emulsion/Mineral Oil mixture – I tied purple strings where I sprayed but did not spray the whole row, just about 6 feet in as with the other stuff.

The garden is looking wonderful. I saw some big squash blossoms this morning. It was still too muddy to walk around much, but I looked it over pretty good and I think it’s doing very well.

Blessings, Ganeen

No comments: