I want you to know I have spent considerable amount of time and energy on your corn project even though I have nothing to show for it. First it was fixing the tiller, then preparing and planting, then fighting critters and then a scavenger hunt for the materials to make my protective enclosure to protect this last planting.
The chicken wire didn't turn out to be as substantial as I thought it would be. I had to use all sorts of things to put this enclosure together. I needed some tent stakes but had painted the little door to a storage area shut so I couldn't get in. I tried to make due with a couple of wooden stakes. Hope I don't need them later for a vampire but I do have plenty of garlic so I ought to be OK.
Well I hope this works. I surrounded it with that Repel as an added protection. I noticed today that what the rabbits hadn't eaten the armadillos dug up.
Now it is up to the spirit of the Hopi.